Monday, June 4, 2012

SMEs - the future as I see it

SMEs that are driven by entrepreneurs are always seeking opportunities. So where would I bet on the next big range of opportunities would come from. I believe that two key areas will be mobile applications running on the cloud. More specifically it will be geo-locationary applications. I believe the current wave will be followed by much more sophisticated applications which revolve around location. I am currently working with two applications in this arena. The next area is agriculture. The complete supply and value chain. I believe that food security is becoming a critically important issue globally. Everyone is panicking, well at least the governments are. The entrepreneurs are out shopping. I have seen most of the continents represented by agents looking for fruit and vegetables, as well as processed products. I believe the days where large players are able to manipulate the farmer are long gone. South Africa at present is filled with entrepreneurs here to do deals in the agricultural sector. So get out your programmer's gear or your wellington boots. There is a whole lot of money here for the taking.

No comments: